The Logan County version of the event was canceled due to a lack of participation.
The Champaign County event will be 5-8 p.m. and done in a soup crawl format, which allows guests to visit multiple restaurants for their soups. A $20 donation for adults and $10 for ages 12-under will get guests a unique hand-made bowl created by Springfield students, and a ticket will get them the variety of soups available.
There will be six participating restaurants in Champaign County to visit as part of the soup crawl.
Allie Godfrey, marketing and events specialist for Second Harvest Foodbank, said the Clark County Empty Bowls event on March 27 exceeded expectations with more than 500 people attending the event at Wittenberg University as individual donations especially help fight food insecurity.
The organization’s efforts helped more than 56,000 people in the three counties last year, with nearly five million pounds of food equal to nearly four million meals provided.
“These types of donations really help us and we appreciate any support we can get,” Godfrey said.
MORE DETAILS
For more information on Empty Bowls or Second Harvest, go to facebook.com/2ndHarvestOH.